News & Updates
April 24, 2017
The Beauty of Dynamic Facebook Audiences
It’s really important to remember that all of your Facebook audiences are dynamic. Even just the Saved Audiences. So if you set up an audience of website visitors before you even drive any traffic to your website, once you’ve set up that audience it’s good to go and you can leave it to build up over time. So if you’re just starting out with your business, or just starting out with your new website, or just starting out with Facebook ads, it’s really convenient to create the following audiences so you never have to do it again.
Before you set up your audiences make sure you have your Facebook pixel created and correctly installed on your website. Also make sure your Facebook page is properly set up.
- Facebook Page Engagers (365 Days) – This is an audience of people who have engaged with your Facebook page in some way over the past 325 Days
- Website Visitors (180 Days) – This is an audience of anyone who has visited your website over the past 180 days
- Website Visitors (30 Days) – This is an audience of anyone who has visited your website over the past 30 days
- Website Visitors (7 Days) – This is an audience of anyone who has visited your website over the past 7 days. You may not think you need to go this small but one day you might want to run an offer to anyone who’s been on the site recently etc
- Lookalike (1%) of your page fans in your target countries
How to set up an audience:
To set up an audience in Facebook go to your ads manager, then click on the menu in the top left and expand it by clicking ‘All tools.’ Then click on ‘Audiences’ under Assets.
You’ll see your audiences page where there will be a list of audiences if you’ve ever created any. Click on the ‘Create Audience’ button.
If you’re creating an audience of website visitors, page engagers or video viewers you need to click on Custom Audiences. Lookalike Audiences lets you create audiences similar to those that you have already created, and Saved Audiences are audiences on Facebook you choose through targeting options.
You’ll see 4 options for audience creation. For the purposes of the 5 audiences in this article, you only need Website Traffic and Engagement on Facebook. Customer file is for those of you who have a large database of customer’s phone numbers and/or email addresses that you can upload into Facebook to create an audience of previous/current customers. You can also create a lookalike audience from this. VERY POWERFUL! App activity is for those of you who have apps connection to the Facebook API.